Adoption ProcessAn Overview of What to Expect
PittieLove Rescue, Inc. prides itself on having a thorough adoption process. Since all of our dogs are in foster homes, we have a great understanding of their personalities in an actual home, versus a shelter where they can be stressed. Our adoption counselors will guide you through the adoption process and are volunteering their time to help make a great forever match. Sometimes, we get caught up in the coloring, looks, or description of a dog on the website, but our volunteers have much more information that will assist in guiding you to a dog that truly matches your lifestyle and home life for the perfect match!
Our process consists of the following:
Complete an Application
- Found under each dog on the Adoptable Dogs page.
- This is typically a 20-30 minute call.
- Both veterinary and personal references are checked.
- A local PittieLove Rescue, Inc. volunteer visits your home, which usually takes around 45-minutes and includes verification of home ownership.
Meet the Dog
- Your family will be guided to meeting a dog that would be a good match – all family members are required to be present.
- Depending on the initial dog meet, follow up meets may be required, especially in the case where you already have a resident dog.
We do not perform same day adoptions and encourage your family to sleep on it since it’s a big commitment. If all goes well, we schedule the adoption as soon as volunteer schedules will allow.
Learn all about the PittieLove adoption process
MA DAR License Number: 0155